The stock market has always been a centerpiece of the American financial scene. With a balanced portfolio that includes stocks you can make a relatively quick profit or save for retirement—if you know what you’re doing.
Whether you’re a beginner that wants to take a crash course on stock investing or you’re already a stock investor who would like to review your current situation, Stock Investing For Dummies has valuable lessons to offer.
Stock Investing For Dummies will give you a realistic approach to making money in stocks. It offers the essence of sound, practical stock investing strategies and insights that have been market tested and proven from nearly a hundred years of stock market history. This book will help you succeed not only in up markets, but also in down markets. Easy-to-follow and reassuring, this guide will make you a better-informed investor through an exploration of:
- What stocks are and why you should invest in them
- How to create a successful stock portfolio
- The best ways to invest: conservative, aggressive, long-term, short-term
- Information gathering techniques you can use to research stocks before you invest in them
- Investing for growth versus income
- How to analyze industries, companies, and stocks
- Minimizing the tax on your capital gains
- Knowing when not to invest
- How to choose the right broker