How many times have you visited a Web site and thought that you could do a better job if only you had the knowledge and skills? Or perhaps you have a great idea for a Web site but don’t know how to get started? What was once exclusively a task for professionals, Web designing, has become more accessible to amateurs, thanks to loads of handy software. With Web Design For Dummies, you will be able to design your own Web site like a pro.
Web design requires many programs to make a Website attractive and fun, including:
Using Web editors like Dreamweaver
Image editing tools like Photoshop elements
Drawing utensils like Illustrator
Background markup and scripting languages like HTML and CSS
This fun guide covers all of the topics that every aspiring Web designer should know. This book offers advice on:
- Designing for your audience
- Building a solid framework for easy navigation
- Creating appealing graphics that work with the site
- Choosing the proper type and colors
- Tweaking the HTML to make everything work correctly
- Parlaying your skills into paid work
With expert guidance from Lisa Lopuck, a pioneer in interactive media design and the Senior Producer at Disney, you will be creating superb Web pages that will charm and impress all of your visitors!