iPhone Games Projects
One look at the App Store will show you just how hot iPhone games have become. Games make up over 25 percent of all apps, and over 70 percent of the apps in the App Store's Most Popular category. Surprised? Of course not! We've all filled our iPhones with games, and many of us hope to develop the next best seller.
This book is a collection of must-know information from master independent iPhone game developers. In it, you'll discover how some of the most innovative and creative game developers have made it to the pinnacle of game design and profitability. This book is loaded with practical tips for efficient development, and for creating compelling, addictive gaming experiences. And it's not all talk! It's supported with code examples that you can download and use to realize your own great ideas.
What you'll learn
- How to optimize games using iPhone SDK tools such as Instruments and Shark, and how to optimize your graphics and sound files for the best performance
- Insight into the art and craft of game design
- How to implement social networking in your game with RESTful web services
- Tips on rapid game development with C on iPhone
- How to increase your market by developing games that run on iPhone, Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows
- How to create multiplayer iPhone games
Who is this book for?
All iPhone game developers, and anyone with an iPhone who wants to learn how games are made